Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm still here.

Wow, I haven't been around for awhile. Honestly, haven't really wanted to write about running when I'm not running much. But my hips are starting to feel stronger and I have an occasional decent run.

I ending up having four appointments with my sports chiropractor. At the first appointment he gave me 4 different exercises and at the second appointment he added an abdominal exercise. The third, he gave me a harder exercise that worked the same muscles as the first. And the fourth, he told me I didn't have to come back again unless I wanted to :) Each appointment he did ART on my IT Bands, hip flexors and feet.

I have also found that a tennis ball in my hip flexors, hips and IT bands after a run has helped significantly as well {instead of a foam roller--the foam roller didn't help much.}

I left the first appointment feeling so encouraged, because I finally knew what the problem was and how to fix it. But the lack of running and the slow recovery have me feeling pretty down sometimes. I've had the little voice in my head questioning, "Is this really worth it?" and "Maybe you should just quit." I keep reminding myself over and over that I love running and I hate not running and I want to run for a long time. So I keep plugging along.

I have major race envy right now. I really thought that I would be in good shape by now and that I would be able to get some good races in this fall.

Well at least the temps are dropping!

How's your running going?
Any races on your calendar?
How do you quiet the voices that tell you to quit?

1 comment:

  1. My running could be going better, but I'm enjoying it, and that's what matters most! I'm glad you're plugging away. I quiet my negative voices with mantras and swear words. I talk out loud; I'm sure other runners think I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete