Thursday, August 15, 2013

Suck it Up and another Would You Rather Survey

I've seen this all over and I agree {unless it's the workout that leads to injury because you should be resting!!!!!} Last night, my husband got home from work late and then it was supper time and then my in-laws came over for dessert and by the time they left it was dark outside. I had 3 options:
1) Run outside in the dark {where there are no lights}
2) Drive into town where there are street lights
or 3) Hop on the treadmill and get it done.

I really didn't want to do any of these and my back hurt and I just wanted to skip it, but I didn't. I sucked it up, got on the treadmill, turned on Friday Night Lights and had a great run. Well, a great run/walk. I'm easing back in after these IT Band troubles. So 4 minutes running/2 minutes walking for a total of 30 minutes + 11 minutes walking for a warmup/cooldown. A tennis ball in the IT Bands afterwards and I'm not feeling too sore today, hurray!

So next time you are trying to talk yourself out of a workout, just suck it up and do it and I'll bet that you'll feel better afterwards. {And even if you don't, you can be happy with the fact it's over}.

And just in case you wanted to know more about my random running style, Cori has posted 5 of these surveys now and I've filled out a couple already.

Would you rather... Be dressed up like a Zombie for a race OR be chased by a Zombie during a race?

I really dislike Zombies, but I absolutely I hate being chased, so if I have to choose I'll go with being dressed up like a Zombie.

Would you rather... train with Chuck Norris or train with Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Chuck Norris. Because Chuck Norris is awesome. {My favorite Chuck Norris joke: When Alexander Bell invented the telephone he had 3 missed calls from Chuck Norris}

Would you rather...Get stuck in an elevator after a race with other people and have to pee or get stuck in a port-a-potty at your race?

Stuck after and have to pee. Nothing good can come out of being stuck in a port-a-potty.


Would you rather... drink milk as you run your race or drink soda/pop?

I think that I could drink flat pop. The thought of dairy while running makes my stomach turn.


Would you rather... puke all the way down the front of yourself during a race or have someone ELSE puke on your foot?

I'd rather puke on myself.


Would you rather... be three feet taller than you currently are or three feet shorter than you currently are?

3 feet taller...I'm glad I'm normally 5'6" because neither of those options are very appealing.


Would you rather... sing call me maybe on repeat during a race OR do the macarena the entire race?

I'd rather sing Call Me Maybe on repeat. 

Would you rather... have someone's snot rocket hit you in the face or someone's blood from chaffing hit you in the face?

Snot rocket. It's gross, but I think flying blood would be grosser.

Would you rather... receive a beautiful, shiny medal at the end of your race OR have the race organizers donate $100 to a charity after you finish a race?

Donate the money. Then my race could actually help other people instead of just being for me.

Would you rather... "hit the wall" halfway through your race distance and struggle the rest of the way OR get close to the end feeling great the whole time but end up having to DNF?

Hit the wall and struggle. It wouldn't matter how great I felt if I DNF.

Have you ever regretted doing a workout?
What would you rather?

3 comments:

  1. I love that everyone would rather donate money than get a medal :)
    p.s. snot rockets are gross... but yes, blood is worse in my opinion too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd way rather hit the wall but then overcome. I never want to face a DNF!

    I forced myself to do my workout last night too, even though it was fairly late. Good work getting yourself motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! That Chuck Norris joke got me!!! LOL! I love Chuck Norris' jokes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete