Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Running Fashion--what do you think?

I know that it's hot outside and nobody is thinking about running in cold temps, but I was scrolling through the Top 10 Running Fashion Faux Pas on Runners World and saw this:





This is the only one on the list that I am guilty of. It isn't so much that I want to wear my shorts over my tights, but it is my husband's preference that I don't wear my tights alone. And I choose to honor him by wearing my shorts over my tights, but this proves my point that it's not very in style ;)

Anyway, what do you think. Is it so bad? Any other suggestions on ways to cover up my bum when I'm wearing tights? I do like the compression and warmth that tights offer when the temps drop. Or any other suggestions on good cold weather pants that aren't as fitted as tights?

Are you guilty of any of the fashion faux pas on this list?
Do you care if you are fashionable when you run? While, I do definitely appreciate cute running clothes, I generally only get too worked up over it when I'm around lots of people like a race. For the most part, function > fashion. Now if you can get function and fashion, that's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. When I used to play volleyball, many girls would wear shorts over spandex shorts for modesty's sake...but to me it always seemed strange. I figure running tights are made to to opaque and cover up where they need to, so wearing them without shorts is still modest and fine. But I respect that you're honoring your husband's point of view!

    ReplyDelete