Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kale Chips

After hearing about kale chips tons of times, and even buying kale once, but letting it go bad in the refrigerator, I finally tried kale chips. I used the recipe I found on Smitten Kitchen.


Sadly, however, I thought they were kind of "meh." They weren't awful, but they weren't really good either. First of all, I might have baked them too long because they just kind of dissolved in my mouth. I didn't really like the weird aftertaste it left either. And they also needed more seasoning. I just used salt and they needed something more. I've heard of using cayenne pepper or garlic and I think that would give them a boost.

I really wanted to like them because, kale is definitely a superfood. It contains: iron, Vitamin K, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, folate and magnesium and therefore is good for your eyes, bones, immune system, and heart.

You can also put kale in smoothies, juice it, saute it or put it in salads. Maybe I should try it another way too.

Do you like kale?
What's your favorite recipe for it?


2 comments:

  1. I love kale in smoothies! Tropical Smoothie makes a mean kale smoothie that I just live for! I've never had kale chips, but I do love root vegetable chips :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could get into kale smoothies! I bought more so I'll have to try it.

      Delete