Thursday, July 11, 2013

Would You Rather--Running Style Survey

I have started writing several posts this week and they all sound whine-y and complain-y and nobody wants to read that, so I'm answering Cori's Would You Rather survey again. (See my other one here) And hope for more inspiration for me to write things that people actually want to read.


WOULD YOU RATHER...

Do a tempo run or hill repeats?
A tempo run. I just don't like hills...especially having to run up it more than once. I have bad memories from hill repeats from cross-country too.

Hydrate with water OR hydrate with a sports drink?
Water! Sports drinks have their time and place, but our bodies need water. I wrote a post awhile back about water and the effects of dehydration.

Itch constantly as you're running or sneeze constantly 
as you are running?
I think I'd rather sneeze. I get a little spastic when I'm itchy and that makes it awfully hard to run.

Compete in the Olympics as a runner or in another sport? 
(What sport?)
I'd love to be an Olympic runner!

Be a short distance sprinter OR be the energizer bunny, holding the same pace for a long period of time?
I'd rather be able to run for a long time. Running gives me an out, a break from life and I'd rather have that time than being able to run fast for a few seconds.

Do speed work on a treadmill OR do speed work on a track?
I have never done speed work on the treadmill, but I don't like the treadmill so I'm going with the track. I have done lots of speed work on the track and it was never fun, but when is speed work fun?

Do core work OR stretch post run? (Now do you really do either?)
I'd rather stretch. I need to be better about stretching because I think a lack of stretching is contributing to injuries. I also need to do more core work, I think about it more than I do it. Today, I stretched and I foam rolled, but I'm still thinking about doing my core work.

Have no toe nails OR black toe nails?
Black toenails please. That's what nail polish is for.

Wear an army pack while running 
OR wear lead toed boots while running?
I'd rather wear an army pack. And it would give me a taste of the things that our armed forces do all the time. Thank you to all the people who fight for and defend our freedom!

Run twice a day three days a week or 
run once a day for seven days a week?
Once a day...Two a days mess with my head.

Have side cramps your entire run or 
have leg cramps your entire run?
Side cramps! I'd think that they were be easier to deal with, because at least I could keep moving forward.

So I'm dying to know...what would you rather?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you chose to do it! I love that you wrote a whole post on the importance of hydrating for our bodies! Thanks for linking it back to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for something to write about ;) I've always known that water is good for us, but reading some of those facts really put it in perspective of the utter importance of it. It kills me when people say that they don't like water so they don't drink any. Hello, it's for your own good!

      Delete
  2. I would love to be an olympic runner but I might have to choose gymnastics over it! I have always loved watching the gymnists during the summer olympics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gymnastics would be my second choice! I guess that or figure skating.

      Delete
  3. Meant to tell you, I answered these questions on my blog today! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete