Thursday, June 6, 2013

Running Pop Quiz!

Janae has posted 2 of these quizzes now--{you find my other one here} and I love answering these...and love reading other peoples. So please answer some questions or answer it on your blog and let me know!
1.  On average how many races do you run a year?
Average is probably 3. I would love to do more, but the logistics with little kids and the expense make it difficult. Races are great motivators though.
1/2 Marathon 6 months postpartum. I wouldn't have
trained so hard if I hadn't had a specific goal race.
2.  Head accessories, things you have to run with:  a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band?
I always have my hair in a ponytail and a headband. Now I SHOULD be wearing sunscreen and sunglasses--any suggestions on good sunglasses to run in?
3.  Where do your workouts come from?  A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day?
I'm on whatever sounds good which isn't really the best way of training. I'm struggling on knowing what to do and would LOVE to have a coach. I think that is something that I need to look into to.
4.  How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes? 
I haven't been very good at tracking the miles on my shoes, but it's probably about 400. Although I have about 250 on the ones I have now and really want new ones.
My Mizuno Wave Alchemy 12's

5.  Cell phone=  do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home?
I sometimes bring it, but usually leave it home. My husband prefers I take it, but I don't like carrying it.
6.  What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner?
I have dealt with issues for years with my ankle which I have been told is Achilles Tendonitis and then that it wasn't AT, but Bursitis. I don't know. All I know is if I keep my calves stretched and worked out, I essentially don't have any problems. I've also had soreness issues with my IT Bands, but nothing major.
7.  Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!?
My current goal is primarily getting faster, but also adding more weekly mileage as I get in better shape. My other goal is to get a plan about what I'm doing and not just flying by the seat of my pants--because that doesn't really work.
8.  Speedwork—->  at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it?
Depending on the type of speedwork, I'll either go to the track or on the roads. Intervals (like 400s etc) I like the track. But tempos, fartleks etc I enjoy doing on the roads. I have never done speedwork on the treadmill, but I've never had one when I was doing speedwork. 
9.  Stretching after a run:  hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching?
I am much more hit and miss than I should be with stretching. Especially since stretching keeps my injuries at bay. If I don't do it right away, I don't tend to do it.

10.  What was your reason(S) for starting to run? 
My only reason for starting cross-country in high school was to get in shape for soccer. But then I fell in love and can't stop!
So tell me your answers!! Answer all of them or some of them. I can’t wait to read your answers and feel free to do the quiz on your own blog too and link back! 
1.  On average how many races do you run a year?
2.  Head accessories, things you have to run with:  a hat, a visor, sunglasses, chapstick, sunscreen, head band, ponytail, braids, sweat band?
3.  Where do your workouts come from?  A training plan, a coach, whatever you feel like doing that day or what your training partner is doing that day?
4.  How many miles on average do you put on a pair of shoes?  
5.  Cell phone=  do you bring it with you on your run or leave it at home?
6.  What was your last running related injury or have you been an injury free runner?
7.  Is your current running goal about running a farther distance (adding more mileage) or getting faster or BOTH?!?
8.  Speedwork—->  at the track, on the treadmill, on the roads or never do it?
9.  Stretching after a run:  hit the ground after a run and get stretching, stretch in the shower, stretch once you get to work/school, skip the stretching?
10.  What was your reason(S) for starting to run?  

3 comments:

  1. I'm starting to feel like when I read these answers, I don't know much about running/don't do much with my running lol. Ah well. Oh and let me know if you find any good sunglasses, I may need some when I get back outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't feel like I know anything! It's definitely a process. I find I'm really missing a coach post high school/college running. I didn't have to know anything then...I just did what they told me!

      Delete
  2. I love surveys! I love reading and answering. I get to know more of my fellow bloggers! I will definitely answer this soon on my blog! :)

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete