Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Thoughts

1. Strep throat really stinks. And I don't even have it, but my 4 year old does. We took him to the urgent care yesterday, but he still doesn't seem to be much better even after starting the antibiotic. I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back right now.

2. I had never really aspired to run a marathon--until I had been reading running blogs for a long time and realized that next year is my 26th birthday. 26 (.2) for my 26th birthday of course. I found the race I'd want to do. It's even ON my birthday and I told my husband that he would be off the hook for gifts for every holiday for the next 15 years. I've always wanted to go to New Zealand and bonus points because it is summer in New Zealand in February.

3. I haven't run since last Monday. I had angry IT bands and an angry hip flexor. And a sore foot. I'm just kind of a mess.

I've been doing some research and I wonder if I have an idea of what is going on with my foot. From comparing what bone hurts to a diagram of the foot, I believe I am having trouble with my navicular.

And googling "pain in the navicular", I ran across this blog post. In it, he describes his experience:
This really stood out to me because when I had a gait analysis done in January. It showed that I overpronated on the right foot, but not the left and that my arches were collapsing a bit as I walked. It was a bit odd, because in the years of looking at the wear patterns on my shoes, it never indicated that I overpronated on either foot. Then last Friday, while talking to a runner friend about IT Band issues and shoes, he did the water test on me and said that according to that I had a fairly neutral foot with normal to high arches. I have also noticed a weak feeling in my ankle and calf which the author mentioned! My feet have changed since the birth of my third child in October. I used to wear a 9 and now I need a 9.5 and it also seems that they have gotten a bit wider. I ran in my pre-pregnancy size 9 probably worn out shoes for a month before I got new ones and I'm sure that didn't do my feet any favors. 

I have a chiropractor appointment this afternoon and I'll ask him about it and see what he says. I'll keep you updated on what I find out.

4. And speaking of injuries. This yoga video is amazing!


5. I wholeheartedly agree:

6. First world problems: the top rack of my dishwasher isn't getting my dishes clean so I have to wash them by hand.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sorry about your kid having strep throat, that's the worst. And eek, how exciting about that marathon, I hope you do sign up for it. It sounds like it would be fun! Lol, I agree with the chocolate chip statement for sure!

    ReplyDelete