Wednesday, June 5, 2013

5 Reasons I Run (and 5 Reasons You Should too!)--Happy National Running Day!

First of all...HAPPY NATIONAL RUNNING DAY! I am going to celebrate with a 5 mile run after my husband gets home.

I have been running for 11 years--since I was 14 and in that time, I've taken maybe 3 months off at a time where I just didn't run {and have a couple times} but every time I have gone back because I missed it too much. I've realized that I can't not run. It is ingrained in me and I hope to run for the rest of my life!

5 Reasons I Run

1. It makes me happy. I get grumpy when I don't run {ask my husband!}. I am happier about my body and just in general happier. For me this is reason enough to run.

2. It is the only exercise that I will consistently do. I joke about it, but sadly it's true, if I don't run, I don't exercise. I'm working on finding cross-training that I enjoy consistently, but so far I'm still failing.

3. I like the competition. I am an extremely competitive person and running is a good outlet for that. The great thing about running is that it is individual so no matter what level you are at, you can compete against yourself. And I love races too. It gives me a chance to push myself harder and compete against other people--and my previous PRs.

4. It gives me a new perspective on life and it gives me a healthy outlet from my kids. There are days that my husband comes home and I'm feeling overwhelmed with being a mother and I'll tell him, "I'm running away...but don't worry, I'll be back." Even a short run can clear my head and I can come back and be ready to deal with life again.

5. I like workout clothes better than real clothes. These are my new favorite shorts. I think I need about 5 more pairs of them.
Brooks Epiphany Stretch II



And if you need 5 reasons to run...
1. The health benefits!
2. Better sleep!
3. Makes you happy. It's scientifically proven!
4. The workout clothes!
5. Everybody is doing it!

Why do you run?
How long have you been running?
What's one of your favorite pieces of workout gear?

4 comments:

  1. I love your list! It's awesome that all of us, runners, can relate to each other!
    Happy National Running Day fellow runner blogger! :)
    Have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the running community. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  2. Really great list, I especially agree with you on the running clothes (obviously). Lately all my purchases have been workout related!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running clothes are the most fun to buy for sure!

      Delete