Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Current State of Mind

My writing juices haven't been flowing too well lately. I took a week off of running too. So I just wasn't coming up with much to say and I'd rather say nothing than force it. But this morning I read Cori's post and it inspired me to answer the same questions:

I feel...
weary. I am physically tired from a lack of sleep. But I'm emotionally tired too. I have a lot going on inside of me--trying to learn and decide what I think is true. I'm struggling against what I may want and what may actually be true.

I want…
my boys to grow up to be strong and courageous men.

I have…
an overactive imagination. I can make a worse case scenario for everything. It doesn't help that I also tend to be a pessimist.

I am thankful for…
my mother-in-law. She is one of the sweetest people I know and she has accepted me into their family easily. She has a beautiful servant heart and I love how much she loves my boys. The road is sometimes a bumpy one, but I just love her and am so thankful that my husband has such a wonderful mother.

I would like to…
have adventures {as a family}. There is so much of the United States that I would love to see and things that I would love to do. I am in awe of God's creation and I just want to soak it all in.
Moab Utah--Up at the top of our places we would love to see.


I dream about…
running fast again. I feel like I am finally at the spot postpartum and hopefully post injury that I can start pushing myself in workouts and build my speed up again.
I even want to get back on this painful thing.

I prefer...
deep conversations to chit chat. I don't do small talk well, but want to go beyond the surface? I'm your girl! 

I am passionate about…
truth. I believe in absolute truth. 


I am happy when…
my boys are playing happily together. There is nothing that warm's a Mama's heart more than listening to her children be kind and loving toward one another.

I am looking forward to…
tonight! We are having our best friends over for supper and it will be a great mid-week pick me up.

I have never…
had a pedicure. 

I would never…
I have learned to not say I will never do/say/think _____because a lot of time I'll change my mind. And you never know what will be at that certain point in your life. So I choose to say..."I'm not planning..."

I am always able to get cheered up…
by ice cream. I mean really, who doesn't!?
Nutella+Cinnamon Life+Chocolate Chip Ice Cream=Delicious
I enjoy…
spending time outside as a family. I am so thankful that {at least the 2 older} boys love to be outside. I want to cultivate that love in them always.

I appreciate…
little gestures that say, "I'm thinking of you." A card in the mailbox, an email, a facebook post, a compliment...any little thing like that makes my day.

I know…
that I love to run and it's something that I don't want to give up!
I use to…
think that everything had to be all or nothing. But I'm slowly learning there is a balance in life.

I never expected…
the deep, intense love I have for my children. I knew that I would love my kids, but I was surprised by how having kids completely changed me. Pretty cool, really. They are constantly making me look at myself and become a better person.
Mother's Day this year...and I look as tired as I felt.

I wish…
I could better express how I feel, especially to those I love the most. It's hard for me to let people know I love them and that's wrong.

How about you? Answer as many as you would like!

No comments:

Post a Comment