Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Family Weekend and a Soggy Run

We went on a quick little jaunt to see my family this weekend.  They live 5 hours away, which is just far enough to not see them very often.  We hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving and Nolan was only a month old!  It was time.  Jack loved seeing his uncles (my brothers are 17, 12, and 9) and Grandpa and Grandma.  My sister and other brother are now living in Montana (1000 miles away) so we probably won't see them for a looong time.  It was great to see everybody again and I know they loved seeing the boys :)  Good food and lots of games of Bananagrams=a great weekend.  We only stayed one night and it's a good thing, because Sunday ended up being a blizzard and the interstate was closed.


Saturday I went on my longest run since Nolan was born.  I planned to go 5, but actually went 5+5 blocks, because the street that I was supposed to turn around at wasn't marked.  (I was running in the town where my parents live that they moved to since I got married.)  It was about 40 degrees and raining when I left.  A bit of a bummer though that I found out it was 65 degrees and sunny at home :( I'm glad that I wasn't at home because I wasn't tempted to hop on the treadmill...it really wasn't that bad except for my shoes getting wet when I stepped off the side of the road to let cars pass.  Anyway, I took it easy and kept my pace painfully slow.  This was a super encouraging run--over 5 miles without any abnormal aches or pains.  This is the only picture I got on the run--it had stopped raining, but then my phone battery died.  Oops.

2 comments:

  1. Love the family pic! That snow really did a doozy on us on Sunday! I was SO thankful I got my run in on Saturday =) Next time you're in the area, hit me up and maybe we can run a few together!
    By the way, I nominated you for an award!
    http://fitgirlwannabe.blogspot.com/2013/03/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete