Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Quick Run and a Quick Project

Yesterday I ended up having a great run.  I did 4 miles and ended up doing 2 on the treadmill and 2 outside (because my husband came home :)  The treadmill miles were easy, like 10 min/ mile...but my first mile outside I pushed and ended up running an 8:10!  I haven't run that fast since right after I got pregnant with Nolan...so it was encouraging.  And it was even against the wind.  Although, for some strange reason, I tend to run better against the wind, I think I am more mentally tough against the wind (or in bad weather) and I don't think about the pain so much.  I don't know.  My heels and calves were a bit sore last night, but after rolling and sleeping in my compression socks, they feel great today.  I am totally sold on compression socks now.  I've liked running in them because I feel like they help support my ankles, and I especially think that they do a great job for recovery.  These socks are the ones I have.


And I did a quick sewing project.  Well they're never that quick, but it only took me an afternoon.  A pillowcase for Joel and a bag for Jack for one of his toys.  We're leaving for Texas on Saturday and I was able to cross this off of my to do list.


What's the last thing you crossed off your to do list?

2 comments:

  1. I so want to be able to sew... hopefully some day- and before kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing is a great skill. I know just enough to think I know something about it, but I really don't...so I have a bunch of unfinished projects.

      Delete