Monday, February 25, 2013

A Birthday Party

My birthday was February 8th and one of my friend's is the 22nd and another the 24th so we decided to have a joint birthday party.  It's a great excuse to get together and eat way too much.  As we were leaving Kylie's house way too late, Donovan and I realized that we had been there for 8 hours!  We decided those are good friends that you can spend that much time with and still get along :)  We invited a couple of other of our couples friends.

The birthday girls :)  We took this picture at the end of the night--next time we'll take it at the beginning.

Parties are really just an excuse for food!  We had so much and first the men stood around and ate while the women took care of babies and talked (Nolan is 4 months, Olivia is 6 months and Gideon is 5 weeks) and then we pushed the men out of the way and ate.  And thanks to Jordan and Jessi, I got my first taste of Trader Joe's (they live in a city where there actually is one and drove the 2 hours to see us.)


We all brought a dessert--I forgot to get a picture of my cheesecake and Kylie's amazing brownie stuff, but check out the sweet cookie Jessi brought.


What do you do for birthdays?

If you were taking a dessert somewhere what would you bring?
I made delicious BLUEBERRY LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS

1 comment:

  1. That Cookie is amamzing! I love getting together with friends especially when there's food involved, happy Birthday month!

    ReplyDelete