Thursday, November 1, 2012

10 days old, pumpkin scones, and a walk

I can't believe that Nolan is already 10 days old!  He is a great baby and I can honestly say I'm am really enjoying this time.  Which for me is huge because with my older two, I never really enjoyed the newborn stage.  I was always looking at the next milestones and not just enjoying it.  And so far he is my easiest baby.  Jack slept well, but didn't eat well.  Joel ate well, but didn't sleep well.  And so far Nolan eats and sleeps well.  I got 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night!  I feel spoiled and keep wondering if it's going to last.  But all I can say is I can deal with a whole lot more when I get enough sleep.  I'm so thankful that I'm not in that drop-dead tired state that I was with Joel.  I've napped at times because I could, not because I couldn't function otherwise.  As for me, I'm feeling good.  I can tell my body is sloooowly recovering.  It was amazing how stretched out my abs are!  I can't wait to be able to start working on that core strength again.  I've had mild diastasis recti {abdominal separation--1-2 fingers} with my pregnancies and I'll have to be careful getting back into it. 


I am so excited, I got a new-to-me treadmill so I don't have any excuses why I can't work out!  I went on a 20 minute walk today.  I could feel my abs/pelvis working, so I just took it slow.  

PUMPKIN scones!  Or the reason why it will take me longer to lose this baby weight.  {As of this morning I was down 17 pounds...making it about 22 more to my goal weight...16 to pre-pregnancy}

And of course some baby pictures...

I'm hoping to get my birth story written soon...

3 comments:

  1. awww, CONGRATS on the newest cutie in your family! i'm glad that you've finally got an 'easy' newborn on your hands!! :) glad that u're feeling well and all are healthy, and you were able to get your walk on. and please pass me one of those scones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been waiting for a post from you! Nolan is adorable, and I'm so glad he's eating and sleeping well. You'll be back out and running before you know it. Keep on enjoying those early days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. time sure goes by quickly doesn't it? those pumpkin scones look delicious. thanks for sharing the family pics!

    ReplyDelete