Sunday, October 14, 2012

Grumpy Renee and the Pumpkin Patch

Hmm...kinda sounds like a children's book.  Once upon a time, I did aspire to be a writer...but it's really not my gifting.  It's easier just to steal other people's originality. :)

But anyway, I have found myself being very, very grumpy lately.  I know that a lot of it is the end of pregnancy complaints and anticipation of meeting this little guy that I have been carrying around for 9 months, but it seemed like it was more than that...and I just couldn't put my finger on what was making me so grumpy.  And then it hit me.

I haven't been running.  I can't run.  Heck, I pretty much haven't exercised at all for the last 8 weeks.  No wonder I'm grumpy.  I am really looking forward to getting back in the swing of running after baby.  {And I know for a fact that I will not be pregnant after November 1 :)  I have been early with both my boys and my midwife does not anticipate me to go that long, but she leaves for vacation November 3 and at my last appointment we scheduled an induction November 1 if I'm still pregnant.}

But I'm sure my pretty crummy diet lately {for some reason, I haven't been a fan of veggies lately well really, not a fan of real food...all I want is carbs and sugar and yogurt. :S} and my no exercise is not helping.  So my goal to get get outside more, even if it's pretty much just playing with the boys and trying to get some walks in.  Mental...it's all mental...I suck at exercise if I'm not running.  This needs to be an area of weakness I focus on--cross-training, but most importantly my attitude towards it.

And on a more fun note, yesterday my husband and I took the boys to the pumpkin patch.  It was a great time and the boys came home tired {but unfortunately that didn't translate to good naps.}

Anyway enjoy a few pictures...



Our fearless leader through the corn maze


This is as good as we got...

No comments:

Post a Comment