Monday, October 8, 2012

36 weeks and a Running Pop Quiz




This Baby is getting so close to making his arrival!  My due date is November 2, but if I make it that long {my first 2 were 1.5-2 weeks early} I'll most likely have my water broken by my midwife to induce labor November 1, since she is leaving town November 3 for a week or so.  I am definitely getting to the "I am so stinking sick of pregnancy and won't time just hurry a little faster so I can get this baby OUT!" stage.  I ended up at the OB-GYN office this morning for a Non-stress test, because little man decided to freak me out and not move much this weekend.  He did perfectly on the test and I even got a surprise ultrasound to check fluid levels {which were also perfect}.  He's head down, ready to go--so thankful!  But we couldn't get any good pictures, although the tech mentioned she could see hair.  I can't wait to see what he looks like!

The 36 week belly.


I'm still thinking about running and am jealous of anybody who gets to run.  I truly live vicariously through all the running blogs I read.  This little Running Pop Quiz came from Janae at Hungry Runner Girl and I thought I'd take it for fun :)

1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
I honestly have never fueled during a race.  However, my longest race is a 1/2 marathon and I primarily run 5ks, so there is no need.  However, I do wonder if fuel would help me if I run more 1/2's.  I think I'd be tempted to try to use fruit snacks.  I use to eat them right before my races in college--is that considered fueling?

2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
I have run the most 5ks...that being said, they are familiar and I can run them with minimal training {of course not as fast}, but I really think I'd enjoy the 10k and perhaps the occasional 1/2.  At this point in my life, I'm not willing to put in the training that a marathon would require...and it's honestly not something that I have ever aspired to.  But I might change my mind someday.


3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
I wear shorts in the summer and pants in the winter {usually with tights under if it's really cold}.


4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
I have only ever taken water in a race...

5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I much prefer cold over heat.  I've run my best races in some nasty temps.
40 degrees and raining and I PR'd by a minute.

6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
I've worn Asics for almost 6 years and for the most part they have treated me well, but I'd like to try out some Brooks or Mizunos.


7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
A 1/2 a bagel with peanut butter and a small bowl of cereal and coffee.  

8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x or more per week, never ever ever or Other?
My body tolerates 5 days of running with 2 rest days pretty well.  I could probably do some cross-training and be fine, but I'm super bad at cross-training.

9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
I have never ever run with music.  

10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
My #1 reason is because I love it...but eating dessert is a close 2nd ;)

2 comments:

  1. Fun!! I'm not currently running either since I just had my baby 4 weeks ago so I am also jealous of everyone that is running! I think I'll do this quiz too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, just around the corner! you look great! love the oldie goldie CC pic!

    ReplyDelete