Monday, June 25, 2012

I'd rather eat junk food and take a nap.

This way my thought this morning and it was only 9 am.  I knew that if I was going to run, I'd have to go this morning with the stroller because it's supposed to be crazy hot (and it's super humid today.)  I've been dreading running because for the last week, my runs have felt awful---super tight muscles and mostly walking.  But I didn't eat junk food--I ate a bowl of cereal and an orange.  And I couldn't take a nap--my children were awake.  So I kicked myself out the door.

And you know what?

My run didn't suck.  My legs felt a little tight a little less than a 1/4 mile in, but that's on an uphill and an amazing thing happened...as I ran, I felt my legs start to loosen!  

I was running super slow.  The first mile was 10:51 (but that was all against the wind also).  I stopped then and took a drink of water and stretched.  My legs still felt good and the mile back was in 9:41.  I only went 2 miles, I don't want to overdo it and have my legs start feeling like crap again.

So encouraging!  Maybe I will make it through my race.  

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job!! Sometimes all it takes is those first few steps to get going out the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest step is definitely the one out the door! I never regret going--you'd think I'd remember that.

      Delete
  2. Way to push yourself out the door! I can drag my feet some days, but I always feel better afterward. I'm not looking forward to the day when my daughter stops napping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to get out there!! Sometimes my best runs are those that I dreaded the most.

    ReplyDelete