Thursday, June 21, 2012

Honor How You Feel Today

The hardest thing that I have found about running during pregnancy is I never know how I am going to feel today.  Sometimes, my runs are amazing and I come home encouraged and I can't wait to run more and start planning longer runs in my head and the next day BAM I feel like crap and I cramp and need to walk and have to cut it short.  Today was one of those days.  I was going to run a easy 3 miles (all by myself! No stroller or dog), but by about 3/4 of a mile I was experiencing a little cramping in my lower abdomen and I decided at the mile there was no way I was making it 3 miles.  So I turned around.  I'd walk a few seconds every once in awhile and then I could run a little again.  Running a little slower was better, but still a little cramping.  I'm not exactly sure what caused it but I have 2 theories: 1) dehydration--for some I was having problems stomaching water today and didn't drink as much as normal and 2) Baby is growing and I think the bouncing on the bladder was getting to me (even though I pee about 3 times before I head out).  I came home a little discouraged...but I decided instead of moping I would do some of a prenatal yoga video (Crunch Yoga Mama...it's on Netflix) and the instructor reminded us to "honor how you feel today."  Today may not have been the day, but maybe tomorrow will be.  And that's all I have to go on.

Oh and so I can't chicken out.  I am officially registered for this race.  I'll be 24 weeks pregnant and I am confident that I can listen to my body and no overdo it.  My husband has been registered since it opened, but I didn't think I should (and then I don't think I could have done it safely), but I know I'd be mad if I didn't.  So Baby will get to run race #3 with me :)  You can read about my other races with Baby on Board here and here.

1 comment:

  1. yay! a race, that will be fun! i hope you are always carrying water with you! i have a GREAT smaller handheld made by amphipod.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete