Saturday, June 16, 2012

3.5 miles

I haven't run much at all this week, resting up my ankle.  But after a 2 mile run and no pain, I decided to try for 4 miles today.  My husband dropped me off from home (so our dog and the dog we're dog-sitting wouldn't follow me), and to be on the safe side I decided to go the 3.5 and I could always tack on the extra .5 if I felt good.  I've been running with the stroller a lot lately and I think that it is making me stronger. (yay!).  I was able to run a faster pace than usual, felt good, and only took one walk break (and that's when I saw a dog...I am terrified of dogs I don't know and I live in the country where dogs are not usually kenneled or leashed and don't see runners often).  My breathing felt fantastic today (that's how I gauge how I'm doing pregnant), but my muscles were definitely a bit tight.  I probably could have stopped and stretched, but once I started I didn't want to stop.  I was plenty tired at the 3.5 so I decided not to push the last .5 and just enjoy running a little faster than I have.

Mile 1: 9:18
Mile 2: 9:45 (with walk break)
Mile 3: 9:16
.5 Mile: 4:30

Total: 32:48 (for a 9:22/mile pace)

I can tell running is different now when I am super happy to keep it under a 10 minute/mile pace for short runs.  I feel so much better staying more active even though I have managed to gain just as much weight already. :/  My midwife wasn't too impressed my last appointment, but it's the same as with the boys and I gained under 30 lbs with both of them.  I'm frustrated that she said anything at all...but apparently she is known for that.  I'm not exactly sure where I am now, but as of 18 weeks I was up 10 lbs.

My lovely 20 week belly picture...

3 comments:

  1. Your midwife said that?! How RUDE of her! Ugh, some people!

    Nice job on the run! Glad you played it safe and tacked on the extra .5 It's probably a good idea running with the stroller too! Then you have time to get used to it!

    Are you using a foam roller for your sore muscles? One of my friends suggested using a tennis ball..

    Hope you and your family had a lovely weekend!

    ps: this is "cisforcourtney" but it won't let me comment with wordpress--silly wordpress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried a foam roller...I should try the tennis ball, I really do think it would make a huge difference. I'm so bad about stretching...I just need to discipline myself to do it.

      Delete
  2. I'm reallllllllly bad about stretching too. But when I do, helps SO much!

    ReplyDelete