Friday, April 27, 2012

workouts, peanut butter cups, and salads

I have a confession to make.  Until last night, I had not run since Saturday.  *insert ashamed face here*  I had chosen not to run Sunday or Monday because of a twinge in my right hamstring that wasn't quite normal.  And then, well, here's my excuses, Tuesday and Wednesday were hot, like in the 90s and well I made the decision to not run because I am not use to the heat, being pregnant and all.  I guess I did go for a 1/2 mile walk on Wednesday pulling the boys in the wagon.  And I did my 10 minute pilates for arms once.  I had meant to be doing my prenatal yoga video and trying to find some other video workouts, but instead I was lazy.

My run did feel good last night.  I decided that instead of picking a distance, I am just going to run for 30 minutes.  I'm hoping that this will help curb my self-competitiveness.  So last night was the first night of this and I ran 3.25 miles in 30:00.  Which is about a 9:15/mile pace.  It's nothing speedy, but I'm reminding myself I am growing a baby and that's more important than running fast.

I ran across a GREAT leg workout today on Run Like A Grl's blog.  The workout it from Sarahfit.  It was quick and very effective.  And best of all I can do it pregnant :)  Although I'm not going to be able to do those pile jumps for very long.

Sarah also has the written version of this workout on her blog.

So with this pregnancy I am craving sweets and vegetables.  I have been eating a TON of mini reese's peanut butter cups and salads.  The salad balances out the sugar right?  I had my second prenatal appointment this morning.  And I gained 3 lbs in the last month for a total of 5 lbs at 13 weeks.  Boo, I was hoping to do a little better.  Maybe I should lay off of the peanut butter cups.  Or work out a little more.  That works too.  Here's two of salads from this week.
I think I had more veggies than lettuce!

My take on Greek Salad--spring greens and romaine; marinated olives,
tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese drizzled with a vinaigrette.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the blog header! It looks great! Yumm..those salads look delicious!

    ReplyDelete